CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wreaths across America


When Chris was a teenager there was a man that took him fishing and hunting. Chris began to look at him as a "grandfather figure". Mr. Lloyd Winscott served in WWII. He "sold" Chris the buoy knife that he carried during the war. Chris is now 47 and still has and uses that very knife. He plans on giving it to Paden when he is older and appreciates the story behind the knife.
Anyway, we participated in the "Wreaths across America" Saturday. This a program that honors our Veterans that have served or gave their life for our freedom. Chris and Paden had the honor of placing a wreath on Lloyd's grave. It was much more emotional that I ever expected. Chris cried, I cried and Paden was very somber. I wouldn't have missed that moment for anything in the world. I have pictures to preserve the moment and thought I would share them with you.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: